About Me

My photo
Travelalot, Vic, Qld, Cali, Australia
Like making old things new again. Enjoy working on a far away big tree/cow farm vs inner city digital stuff and with the NBN that's changing, creative lifestyles and digital content businesses. I have 4 degrees in psychology, media, literature, librarianship, management and business including a business PhD that explored how tech created opportunities in the music sector (as a lead indicator to other content sectors). Am fascinated by how people use digital stuff and emerging uses. Slow living, reject unreal or fast lifestyles, I like to know all about what I eat. Maintaining a professional hatred and boycott of Farcebook. Confused about whether to write in 1st or 3rd person on this site. Love animals and have always had them around - cows, horses, chooks, cats, dogs, sheep, goats, camels, budgies. Met lots of snakes too. Enjoy aesthetic immersion and favourite era is 1940-1959. Music obsessive not impartial to late nights watching bands. blah blah blah

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Boggling

the future of the phone? a cost effective system that projects information about what surrounds you over objects' surfaces, from MIT Labs. I'm not sure about the 'human' aspect of this, at the slightest making users look like "dorks" (although I'm sure that will be addressed before a public launch). I mean, do I want to light up with keywords on my shirt about my relationship with the person I'm meeting? And they use an example of shopping in a supermarket and using the app to recommend which product best suits a persons' preference. However in the future will we be shopping still in supermarkets? I hope so, and if so, this app will save that time I spend reading the fine print on products to check they're ie fair trade ; organic ; environmentally safe ; local etc. But it's the future:

The video gets interesting at 3.10 minute, and her last sentence:

No comments:

Followers